Monday 5 December 2011

TVB Awards 2011 - Result

There are things that shock me and things that are so predictable in this year's winners so let me elaborate...

BEST ACTOR
Top 5 - Kevin Cheng, Michael Tse, Moses Chan, Wayne Lai, Bosco Wong

All my Lock Ons made it and Moses and Bosco, both in my Add Ons made it. Not shocking at all and as I said I expected Kevin to win his second Best Actor Award, whilst I think he did well I still found his performance average in some areas during Ghetto Justice. In other news Moses continues his streak, this is his seventh consecutive year of being in the Top 5!


BEST ACTRESS
Top 5 - Myolie Wu, Liza Wang, Myolie Wu, Fala Chen, Linda Chung, Maggie Cheung

Obviously Myolie and Fala both in the Top 5 as well as Maggie, Linda and as I said Liza was always a safe bet. Whilst it's sad seeing the omission of Tavia. This year wasn't her year.


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Top 5 - Ben Wong, Derek Kwok, Jazz Lam, Pierre Ngo, Lee Kwok Lun

This year the Best Supporting Actor Award was all for Ben Wong really. Pierre, Derek, Jazz also made it but didn't expect Lee Kwok Lun. I so wish that Power was nominated. Jazz nominated in Top 5 which begs the question "Why did he lose to MC Jin in Most Improved?"


BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Top 5 - Sharon Chan, Nancy Wu, Natalie Tong, Aimee Chan, Helen Ma

Happy that Sharon won but it was a joke Aimee made the Top 5. I don't dislike Aimee, in fact a lot of the times I support her but come on she was pretty average in The Other Truth and only appeared in three episodes. I kind of think the same for Helen Ma as well actually. So frustrated Elena Kong is not nominated! TVB SUPPORT HER PLEASE!


MY FAVOURITE TV MALE CHARACTER
Top 5 - Kevin Cheng, Michael Tse, Bosco Wong, Wayne Lai, Ruco Chan

Predicted the Top 5 but I can't quite believe that Kevin won both the awards (and would eventually end with three for the night). Is TVB trying to say they judge fairly?


MY FAVOURITE TV FEMALE CHARACTER
Top 5 - Myolie Wu, Linda Chung, Fala Chen, Maggie Cheung, Aimee Chan

Pretty gobsmacked that it wasn't Linda, I was so sure as well. I've come to learn that TVB regards filming series dedicated to you as a form of congratulation so you don't need an award - as seen with Michael Tse. But another thing, Aimee REALLY! I think Aimee is going to get a lot more haters now. Pretty interesting Kate and Tavia were both blanked, I'd call them and Fala, Myolie and Linda as the new five Fa Dans of TVB.


MOST IMPROVED MALE ARTISTE
I thought Jazz would make it but TVB's love for MC Jin came over. Sorry it's just unfair wasn't Lives of Omission his first main series?


MOST IMPROVED FEMALE ARTISTE
Sire Ma, oh well Mandy still has time but Sire's win is premature to me.


BEST HOST: Grasshoppers (All Star Glam Exam)
Nah... I found them pretentious and annoying most of the time it was the guests that saved the show.


BEST SERIES
Top 5 - Lives of Omission, Yes Sir Sorry Sir, Ghetto Justice, The Other Truth, Forensic Heroes III

TVB cannot continue to give this award as a consolation to the "losing" series. How can Lives of Omission be better than Ghetto Justice if the Best Actor, Actress, Supporting Actress, Favourite Male and Female Character came from Ghetto Justice? I just don't get that. NB I'm a Lives of Omission fan.


BEST VARIETY PROGRAMME: All Star Glam Exam


BEST INFORMATION PROGRAMME: Water of Life
...


tvb.com WEIBO POPULARITY AWARD - Kevin Chen
REALLY! Three Awards! I'd much rather TVB shared the pork when Kevin really wasn't that much better than everyone else.


MOST ADMIRABLE AWARD: Hong Kong Back Then


LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Lee Heung Kam
yay! Love Kam jer


EXTRAORDINARY ELEGANT MALE AND FEMALE ARTISTES: Bosco Wong and Myolie Wu
... really ... so where's the Professional Performance Award now coughporkawardcough

No comments:

Post a Comment