Saturday 2 January 2010

WTA TOUR: 4th January, ASB Classic

Great to see Flavia Pennetta and Na Li as No.1 and 2 seeds - two of my many favourites in tennis! I also like Yanina Wickmayer but sadly I think I remember her more from the Belgium ban thing more than her success last year. I'd be interested to see who wins here as the draw seems quite tough with Dominika Cibulkova, Elena Vesnina, Francesca Schiavone, Aravane Rezai, Anabel Medina Garrigues to compete with and then some potential dangers such as Sania Mirza, Anna Chakvetadze, Shahar Peer and Tatjana Malek, whilst also a few girls who have been great before but lost their groove e.g. Kaia Kanepi, Alize Cornet and Carla Suarez Navarro as well as the ever gorgeous Maria Kirilenko and comeback queen Kimiko Date Krumm, lol. I think I've listed the whole field!

No comments:

Post a Comment