Tuesday 6 September 2011

US Open 2011 Day 8

MEN'S DRAW SECTION 1 & 2
Everything went according to plan, for me anyway. Djokovic beat Dolgopolov in straight sets though needed to extend the tie break to 16-14 in the first set. He will next face fellow Serb Janko Tipsarevic which I imagine should be no problem. Federer stormed past Juan Monaco and is looking increasingly threatening with as a SF opponent against Tsonga. Whoever wins between Federer and Tsonga will be a tough match for Djokovic I think. And yes Tsonga made it past Mardy Fish in five sets.

WOMEN'S DRAW SECTION 1 & 2
Wozniacki exceeded my expectations by beating Kuznetsova however the draw is only going to get tougher with Andrea Petkovic next and the promise of Serena in the SFs. Speaking of which Serena beat Ivanovic comprehensively and will next face Pavlyuchenkova, whom I predicted over Schiavone.

BIGGEST LOSS OF THE DAY Mardy Fish (though it was predictable)

No comments:

Post a Comment