Thursday 24 February 2011

ANTM Cycle 16 Episode 1

CYCLE 16 HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED! Honestly this cycle has started off fantastically. Yes the episode was a little short but I love the slight tweaks that have been made, it makes it sharper and fresher. Here will be my take on the photo shoot this week.

MY RANKINGS
FIRST CALLOUT

Molly

Whether it's the judges, the fans or myself I think most will say this is the best shot this week. The movement, the jawline, the eyes... everything is just perfect for a black and white photo.

Alexandria

This photo is sexy, sassy and FIERCE! However what makes Molly's stand above this shot is that I think this is a bit posed and maybe too sexy in fact, don't get me wrong though this is an awesome shot.

Dalya

Dalya is gorgeous and this shot shows it. I just love her profile and she is fantastic even when she is doing nothing. I am worried however that she'll be Kendal 2.0 in that she is gorgeous but lacks energy in photos but for now Dalya is riding high!

Kasia

Personally I love this shot. I'm not a huge Kasia fan (atm anyway) but I still love this shot, it is natural and relaxed. I think most other girls look slightly posy but with Kasia's shot it looks like a beautiful candid, yes there isn't much going on but Kasia is pretty and modelesque nonetheless.

Jaclyn

I love the fresh rawness of this shot. I love Jacyln's jawline, the gaze is a bit blank but still nice.

Mikaela

I think Mikaela is relying on her extremely interesting looks here, her jawline, her eyes, hew eyebrows, however the shot is still very nice to look at. Whilst I think Mikaela could have done more she already has that interesting face to carry her far.

Dominique

Dominique's shot is pretty but the more you look at it the blank-er it feels. I still like the shot but I want more energy in the shot - that's why Molly and Alexandria place at the top because a black and white can look awfully boring if there isn't any action or anything absolutely gorgeous.

Hannah

Hannah is beautiful here but I have to disagree with the judges here because whilst I may look at Hannah first (because of the lighting) I'm more drawn towards Molly. Hannah is still beautiful in this shot but to me she still is one of the least memorable.

Angelia

Angelia's eyes are beautiful, whilst I agree she looks like a beautiful girl but not a model in this shot I'm not convinced she should have been eliminated on this photo. I would have given her a second chance.

Monique

I find this very amateur looking, I think a lot of it is to do with the mouth. I'm just not drawn to this shot.

Nicole

SABOTAGE! Ok Russell James may have meant a lot of good whilst taking this photo but Tyra and the team should not have chosen a shot which she is barely visible in, but I have to judge the photo on what it is and on the whole it is not strong.

Ondrei

Ondrei is beautiful but here she makes me feel tense, you feel her nerves. It all comes down to her awfully stiff  spine and her curled fingers. The blank stare doesn't do her any favours either.

Brittani

As beautiful as Brittani may be in this shot I just can't get over her scary eye, this is not her fault and obviously Tyra and co love this "alternative" looking shot but for me and most of the fans I just can't help being weirded out.

Sara

Ok I don't like Sara, as a model, but it doesn't mean I'm biased against her, this shot is just bland, boring and a bit weird. What is with her gaze and why is she standing in such a unnatural way. I'm not convinced.





So after 1 episode my favourites have changed! I haven't really found a girl I love yet (love like Kendal C15, Raina C14 etc etc) but I like a lot of the girls, here are my rankings.

14th
Sara 
(Down 1)


Sara falls down to 14th. I don't dislike her but somebody has to come bottom and sadly it is Sara with her rattail. I just don't see it, I understand there are a lot of alternative looking girls in modelling right now but Sara doesn't exude that look to me.

13th
Dominique 
(Up 1)


Dominique was more likeable than I thought. I think what is hindering her massively is her severe hairline and freckles - I honestly haven't seen a model with freckles as many or as evident as hers. I'm still not convinced she is a model but for now I'm ok with her.

12th
Kasia 
(Same)


I think I like her but I can't justify pushing her up when I don't remember seeing much of anything from her this episode.

11th
Monique 
(Down 3)


Monique isn't nearly as pretty as I thought she'd be, I'm not saying she is ugly but I thought she'd be instantly the "relying on pretty" girl. I'm not seeing much promise from her at the moment.

10th
Hannah
(Up 1)


Still pretty forgettable but I can see myself liking her when she gets more air time.

9th
Alexandria
(Down 3)


I like Alexandria but I have to be honest, at times she looks older than her age and she is potentially our resident bitch this cycle. I haven't seen anything too bad from her at the moment but she seems to be getting the bitch edit.

8th
Angelia 
(Down 3)

OUT

We didn't get much of Angelia but she looked quite aged and scary in her confessionals! I don't really know what to think of her but I know she wouldn't have been part of my favourites.

7th
Ondrei 
(Up 2)


Whilst we haven't seen much of Ondrei I think she's very sweet and nice, I love how she can look - I just want to see much more of her.

6th
Dalya 
(Up 1)


Ok I officially love Dalya, there is no doubting it, though I'd like to see more of her. From now on I'm sure Dalya will only be moving up.

5th
Brittani 
(Down 2)


Dropping down by 2 is by no means a fail because at the moment I still don't really know who I like or dislike but Brittani has set herself on the right foot. I'm not as sure about her looks on video but we'll see what happens.

4th
Molly 
(Same)


Photographically I'm loving Molly but personality wise I haven't seen anything to LOVE yet. I can see her being my potential favourite but for now she stays at 4th.

3rd
Mikaela 
(Down 1)


I love Mikaela's high fashion face, her cheek bones are just crazy! But will she be my absolute fave this cycle, I'm not sure yet.

2nd
Nicole 
(Down 1)


Nicole was a slight disappointment this episode, her photo wasn't good, she doesn't look very modelesque in person and she seems to lack confidence but for now I'll keep her high solely based on potential.

1st
Jaclyn 
(Up 9!)


Jaclyn definitely made the best impression in the first episode, I just love her cuteness. Her babyface, her voice and her personality make for one unstoppable combination. She just came across so lovely and adorable, I'm sure she'll stay up in my favourites throughout this competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment