Saturday 26 May 2012

Eurovision 2012 Semifinal 1


I missed the semifinals but I'm here blogging about it just before the finals, which I'll probably miss as well but I'll definitely blog about it.

Montenegro
WTF! Weird costume and even weirder song. He wasn't even on time and was tuneless!

3/10


Iceland
It's ok I guess but it's a bit bland and reminds me of a Danish duo a few years ago

8/10


Greece
This is pretty typical, the kind of Greek pop you come to expect from Eurovision.

7.5/10


Latvia
This is really odd. The lyrics are so random and the song is pretty boring.

6.5/10


Albania
I like her voice but the song is a bit erratic, stops and starts quite a lot. I'm amazed she pulled it off though because I thought this could sound horrible live from the MV. I do love the power of the song even though I don't understand it.

9.25


Romania
I find this really catchy and totally Eurovision. I love it!

9/10


Switzerland
Switzerland likes sending these pop-rock entries but they never do well at Eurovision. I quite like this though but I've heard better from Switzerland. It sounds so generic and hate the repetitiveness.

8.5/10


Belgium
I like the tone of her voice but she was slightly off key. However I remember liking this song when I heard the MV. I just wished her voice was stronger.

8.75/10


Finland
It's ok, quite nice and sweet but is pretty forgettable.

8.25


Israel
I can't believe this is coming from Israel! It just doesn't seem Israeli to me - maybe I don't know Israel enough. I'm slightly disturbed by the lead singer!

5/10


San Marino
Sorry this song is totally shit. Why couldn't she sing in Italian at least I wouldn't know what she is singing. This is like San Marino's Rebecca Black.

3.5/10


Cyprus
This sounds like a song Rihanna would sing to me. It's ok, pretty generic pop song though I think the lead singer is a bit too growly.

8.75/10


Denmark
I remember this was one of my favourites when I listened to the MVs. I still like this song sadly the lead singer can't handle this song. I still like this though.

8.5/10


Russia
Russia can send in one of those talking cards and they'd go through. They'd probably win though, it's worrying. I do find them adorable but this is borderline scary. However I do like the line "come on and dance" when the Russian grannies sing it. Adorable - 7 for cuteness!

7/10


Hungary
He sounds constipated. I like the music but the song overall is pretty boring. I think the song would be better if the lead singer sounded better.

7/10


Austria
OMG I love this! It's total shit but soooooooo catchy! I want this in the final just so I can sing 'WOKI MIT DEIM POPO' in the final! Ok on a serious note only the chorus is memorable everything else is shit as POPO!

8/10


Moldova
Randomness can either be fun or boring and this was on the boring side, there was nothing that hooked me.

5.5/10


Ireland
Where are their quiffs! Now they have a bird's nest for hair! I find Lipstick catchier. It sounds kind of 90s to me and there isn't a memorable chorus or anything. Not as entertaining as last year because the song is quite bland.

7.25/10


So my Top 10, in order, are...

Albania (Top 10)
Romania (Top 10)
Belgium
Cyprus (Top 10)
Denmark (Top 10)
Switzerland
Finland
Iceland (Top 10)
Austria
Greece (Top 10)

Rest of Actual 10
Ireland
Russia
Hungary
Moldova

Don't understand how Moldova made it and maybe Hungary as well. I think I'll come to love Russia by the final. Slightly sad that Belgium is out but she really didn't perform that well. Anyway I'll update Semifinal 2 in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment