Saturday 26 May 2012

Eurovision 2012 Semifinal 2


Serbia
I think this is ok, it's pretty soothing but that can also be seen as boring.

8.25


F.Y.R. Macedonia
Her voice is quite nice, I like the whole style of this song.

8.75


Netherlands
I like her voice and it's pretty sweet. I like this folksy tune but she really can't do high notes.

8.5


Malta
Sounds quite Eurovision, I quite like it though it's a bit samey.

8.5


Belarus
I'm not sure about this. I think it's quite catchy but the vocals are totally not working, it sounds a bit messy. But I think this might attract the female vote in that it's a hot guy in a vest in a band. Enough said.

7.75


Portugal
This song is pretty boring, nothing really stands out. The vocals are ok, the track is ok, the performance is ok everything is just ok which makes it forgettable.

7.75


Ukraine
She's a bit screamy tbh. What the hell were the graphics about? Anyway I don't know what I think of this. It sounds a bit messy but I've heard worse.

7.25


Bulgaria
Ok I have to admit it, I like the track but not the singing. She sounded really screechy.

7.25


Slovenia
Her voice is decent but the song is pretty boring. I was literally about to fall asleep.

7.5


Croatia
I quite like this track, it sounds a bit Final Fantasy to me for some reason. It's quite game music because it's quite dramatic and has a strong instrumental track.

8.75


Sweden
I do like this but I don't get the hype. I guess I can hear this in clubs and it's quite a nice mix of a club track with decent vocals.

8.75


Georgia
This is so random. The song just doesn't work and the vocal is odd.

4.5


Turkey
erm... what the hell is this? He sounds like he has some sort of nasal infection or something and the song doesn't make any sense.

6


Estonia
Beautiful voice, I think this year is all about the big voices. Quite mesmerising even though I have no idea what he's saying.

9


Slovakia
SCREAMO! Definitely not my type of music.

6.75


Norway
I think he's trying to be the Eric Saade of Norway. I actually find this better than 'Popular' and danceable though not very catchy, it's one of those types of songs which you try to sing but then forget the lyrics and start humming.

8.5


Bosnia and Herzegovina
I love her voice and the track is so beautiful. However it might be a bit too low-key to do well at Eurovision.

9


Lithuania
Vocals are decent though it's pretty bland and I hate how it suddenly goes into this very cheesy pop track.

8


So my Top 10 in order

Estonia (Top 10)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Top 10)
FYR Macedonia (Top 10)
Croatia
Sweden (Top 10)
Norway (Top 10)
Netherlands
Malta (Top 10)
Serbia (Top 10)
Lithuania (Top 10)

Rest of Actual Top 10
Ukraine
Turkey

A bit disappointed Croatia didn't make it but I knew Ukraine and Turkey would make it as they always do. Turkey did however suffer a blip last year.

Ok my favourite 5 from the two semifinals I think are Albania, Romania, Estonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Cyprus.

The winners of the last five years also performed. I have to say out of the 5 years I think I like Ell and Nikki the least by far. I didn't like Satellite when it won but Lena kind of redeemed herself to me last year. My favourite by far is Alexander Rybak and Molitva is a pretty good ballad.

I'll be looking forward to these acts in the final...

France
Italy
Spain
Germany
Albania
Romania
Cyprus
Denmark
Russia
FYR Macedonia
Sweden
Estonia
Norway
Bosnia and Herzegovina

see you on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment