Friday 18 September 2009

Strictly Come Dancing

Strictly Come Dancing is back TONIGHT! I love Strictly Come Dancing, I began watching it since the 2nd series and was hooked straight away. This year there are a few interesting couples in the mix, here's my inital opinion.

Firstly, shame to see Camilla and Karen leave the Strictly ballroom, I liked both of them and it's sad to see them leave. Another girl left but she was only in like 1 series for like 4 shows or something so barely remember her.

Ali Bastian & Brian Fortuna - Forgive my lack of knowledge but I have no clue who Ali Bastian is - as I rarely watch Hollyoaks and have never watched The Bill. I'm not a fan of Brian Fortuna to be honest but I think this pairing could be Ok - probs a bit boring though.

Lynda Bellingham & Darren Bennett - Darren 32? That was shocking! I thought he was 35+ !!!! Anyway he's paired with Lynda who is about double his age - Darren you better wave goodbye to a 2nd crown! I think I'll enjoy Lynda's possible outbursts but like previous series I'd rather have a real contender join the ranks.

Joe Calzaghe & Kristina Rihanoff - Joe will be one of this years biggest stars and will join the platinum blonde vixen Kristina Rihanoff. I can just imagine how clumsy Joe will be but hopefully I'm wrong. By the way Oddschecker has them at top of the 16 to win the thing!

Natalie Cassidy & Vincent Simone - I'm not sure if I'll like Natalie to be honest, it's currently hit or miss with her.

Richard Dunwoody & Lilia Kopylova - Don't know Richard and I'm not a huge fan of Lilia either, so it will really come down to personality, vibe and of course talent on the dance floor.

Ricky Groves and Erin Boag - I was mortified when Austin and Erin was voted off so early last year. Erin has been my favourite professional on the show since her partnership with Colin Jackson, I thought Austin would bring Erin back to the top and alleviate the sore of losing to that cricket player but sadly they fell short. Sadly I don't think Ricky will do her record any good.

Martina Hingis & Matthew Cutler - I don't like Martina because of her infamous tennis career but I was shocked to find out that Matthew was actually 35 - one of the oldest professionals. Now I didn't think Matthew was young but I honestly didn't think he was older than most of the other professional dancers.

Chris Collins and Ola Jordan - I like Chris but I don't see him doing well in, besides his height most News presenters fail to make it far or score highly.

Jade Johnson and Ian Waite - Ian has been so close to the title in his Strictly career, Denise Lewis coming 2nd and Zoe Ball coming 3rd, Jade could really make winning a possibility for him I think. I also like Jade a lot but let's wait and see.

Craig Kelly & Flavia Cacace - Sadly this is another soap star I don't know as I rarely watch British soaps so I'll need to see him in action before I judge.

Zoe Lucker and James Jordan - Her profile pic on the strictly web site looked like Tess Daly! Zoe is still pretty but I'd have enjoyed Tess dancing much more! Anyway I hope she is good as I dislike James.

Laila Rouass & Anton du Beke - Wow Anton gets a young and pretty one, is it so that he stays for longer? I have high hopes for this pair as I love Anton and Laila looks gorgeous - let's hope they'll dazzle us with their skill and humour.

Phill Tufnell & Katya Virshilas - Not really interested in Phil but I hope Katya will be good.

Ricky Whittle & Natalie Lowe - Another new professional taking the reins from Camilla Dallerup I believe - she has a good record on the Aussie version of Strictly and hopefully I'll fall in love with this pairing.

Rav Wilding & Aliona Vilani - Aliona looks old for 25 sad to say but I think I'll like Rav, definitely on the look out for Rav.

Jo Wood & Brendan Cole - OOh this looks interesting, wonder what will happen?

Couples I'm excited about...
Jade Johnson and Ian Waite
Laila Rouass and Anton Du Beke
Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowe
Rav Wilding and Aliona Vilani

1 comment:

  1. You've made some great points here. Who know's how things will pan out. It is a shame some of the celebs are virtually unknown to the Strictly audience, but if they prove themselves and dance well, that's what matters now.

    ReplyDelete