Sunday 10 April 2011

Binibining Pilipinas 2011 Live Review

Oh word of warning, sorry for all the grammar or spelling mistakes, it's very difficult typing, watching and analysing at the same time.

Currently watching Binibining Pilipinas, if only the video quality was better.

Most of my Top 15 have stood out to me but No.3 Carolyn Ty and No.27 Janine Tugonon are also attracting my attention.

Special Awards
Miss Friendship: 31. Samantha Purvor (ooh)
Miss Talent: 26. Shamcey Supsup (Gorgeous and talented)
Miss Philippine Airlines: 26. Shamcey Supsup (another one!)
Manila Bulletin Choice: 23. Luzelle Felipe (she does look gorgeous tonight, dark horse right here)
Miss Creamsilk: 26. Shamcey Supsup (three already! Is she our winner?)

GO SHAMCEY GO SHAMCEY GO SHAMCEY.

I love how they are giving time for each girl even though they have so many.

Ok after the first batch of swimsuit my Top 7 from No.1-20 are...
6. Patricia Tumulak
11. Diana Arevalo
16. Sabrinne Al Tawill
8. Marie Marasigan
13. Queenierich Rehman
7. Angelia Ong
19. Wendy Lucas

Patricia is fierce, Diana too, Sabrinne is looking gorgeous, Marie has the confidence, Queenierich is looking exotic whilst Angelia is staying strong and Wendy although a bit tame is still gorgeous.

1. Zephorah Mayon
3. Carolyn Ty
9. Bernadette Aguirre
15. Arabella Hanesh
20. Jeanette Noguchi
are the next girls up.

I think this could be Shamcey's night but I hope all my other favourites get up there as well.

Just to say Samantha Purvor is working it like her first swimsuit pres, good job. And Ladylyn Riva could be my unexpected shock.

Anyway my Top 15 now (after watching the swimsuit competition) are (not in order)...
6. Patricia Tumulak
26. Shamcey Supsup
11. Diana Arevalo
16. Sabrinne Al- Tawill
24. Martha McCulley
33. Dianne Necio
34. Mary Jean Lastimosa
8. Marie Marasigan
13. Queenierich Rehman
29. Krystle Ann Grant
32. Jenn-Roe Gubat
37. Sarah Clenci
31. Samantha Purvor
25. Isabella Manjon
36. Camille Alexis Baltazar

Bubbling Unders
7. Angelia Ong
19. Wendy Lucas
22. Paula Camille Figueras
1. Zephorah Mayon
3. Carolyn Ty
15. Arabella Hanesh
20. Jeanette Noguchi
27. Janine Tugonon
38. Glennifer Perido
39. Ladylyn Riva

Whilst I love Patricia's styling I think it's too similar to Rozanna Purcell and sadly Rozanna got kicked out too early at MU last year.

This is so much more exciting than Miss Venezuela!

NOW MY TOP 15 after Evening Gown, the final 15! In order...
Note (MO15 = My original 15 before the pageant)
(W = original 12 wildcards)
6. Patricia Tumulak (MO15)
26. Shamcey Supsup (MO15)
25. Isabella Manjon (MO15)
37. Sarah Clenci (MO15)
11. Diana Arevalo (MO15)
24. Martha McCulley (MO15)
33. Dianne Necio (MO15)
34. Mary Jean Lastimosa (MO15)
3. Carolyn Ty (W)  - IN
31. Samantha Purvor (W)
16. Sabrinne Al-Tawill (MO15)
8. Maria Marasigan (MO15)
22. Paula Camille Figueras (W) - IN
19. Wendy Lucas (MO15) - IN
32. Jenn-Roe Gubat (MO15)

Wildcards
39. Glennifer Perido
29. Krystle Ann Grant (W) - OUT
13. Queenierich Rehman (MO15) - OUT
35. Suzette Hernandez
38. Ladylyn Riva
36. Camille Alexis Baltazar (W) - OUT
20. Jeanette Noguchi (MO15)
27. Janine Tugonon (W)
7. Angelia Ong (MO15)
23. Luzelle Felipe (W)

So my unexpected surprises are Suzette Hernandez, Ladylyn Riva and to some extent Glennifer Perido.

I'm so excited for the Top 15, how many of my favourite 15 will get in? I think I'll get 10.

OMG it's now!!!!!!

TOP 15
6. Patricia Tumulak
YEAH! I was crossing my fingers

8. Kristina Marasigan
YEAH!

11. Diana Arevalo
They're not doing it in order are they?

13. Queenierich Rehman
New she'd get in

16. Sabrinne Al-Tawill
YEAH

19. Wendy Lucas
WOAH! YEAH! GO WENDY! But it probably means Carolyn isn't in.

23. Luzelle Felipe
Expected.

25. Isabella Manjon
YEAH, oh shit no Martha McCulley!

26. Shamcey Supsup
Obviously! lol

27. Janine Tugonon
WOW! I'm shocked, but happy shocked.

30. Kathleen Subijano
Wow, I like Kathleen but I'm not sure she deserves it tonight

32. Jenn-Roe Gubat
YEAH!

33. Dianne Necio
Of course

34. Mary Jean Lastimosa
Of course

who is going to get the last spot, Sarah x finger

37. Sarah Clenci
YEAH!

Overall very happy with the Top 15. I would love to have seen Martha McCulley but she does need some toning and a bit more confidence, however she is definitely one of the most gorgeous girls out of the 40. Would have liked to see Samantha Purvor but it was going to be a push for her to get in. Whilst I was slightly hoping for Carolyn Ty as well.

So out of my favourite 15 I got 11 - result!

I think the only 2 who were slightly unexpected were Kathleen Subijano and Janine Tugonon. I could have predicted Kathleen because she has that elegance and also her sister was a past winner whilst Janine I wasn't expecting but am pleasantly surprised. Wendy was somewhat of a shock as well but she did well tonight so she deserves it.

They shouldn't have announced it in order though because it's so harsh for those not picked.

THE Q&A!

6. Patricia Tumulak
Great, she got one of the crowds favourite judges. Best piece of advice to a teenager
A nice simple answer and spoken with conviction, good job but maybe a bit more development was needed.

8. Kristina Marasigan
One incident in the world you would change what would it be.
Another good answer but quite expected. May work against her but still it was a good answer. Should have developed it more maybe or even go out of the box.

11. Diana Arevalo
Dream for the future when you were a child, has it changed?
Decent but a tad boring.

13. Queenierich Rehman
Personal hero, besides from family.
Yet again quite a predictable answer, would have been nice to make it a bit interesting.

16. Sabrinne Al-Tawill
What do you think Filipina's need nowadays to win an international competition.
Very passionate but maybe a bit too excited, could have been put better.

19. Wendy Lucas
What is that one experience that moulded your personality or changed your perspective in life.
She couldn't think of anything I think and it became a bit confusing, you could see her thinking, but still she managed to produce a decent answer.

23. Luzelle Felipe
What would you tell the president of the Philippines
A very diplomatic answer, may win a lot of votes for that.

25. Isabella Manjon
Our fathers capable of carrying out the duties of a mother and vice versa
Very nice answer.

26. Shamcey Supsup
What worthy cause do you identify yourself with and why.
I don't like this question but Shamcey did amazingly, very eloquent and passionate.

27. Janine Tugonon
What can men learn from women.
A very well structured answer, she just pushed herself upwards and onwards, could be a shock.

30. Kathleen Subijano
What gives you peace of mind.
Another god answer, oh well, it's a very nice answer though. All the answers at the moment from the 2nd half are really strong.

32. Jenn-Roe Gubat
How is winning a beauty title important and relevant amongst world calamities
I didn't really understand it, but she spoke with passion. Sometimes it's not what you say it's how you say it.

33. Diane Necio
Biggest accomplishment and biggest goal in the next 12 months
Don't like the answer to be honest but it does show dedication.

34. Mary Jean Lastimosa
Didn't like her overconfidence and flirting with the hosts.
Three things that make you smile.
A good decent answer.

37. Sarah Clenci
What trait of yours do you want to change
Yet again predictable but still a very nice and eloquent answer.


OK I have watched from start to finish and here are my Top 5!

2nd Runner Up
Mary Jean Lastimosa

1st Runner Up
Sarah Clenci

Binibining Pilipinas Tourism International (or is it Globe?!?!?)
Isabella Manjon

Binibining Pilipinas International
Shamcey Supsup

Binibining Pilipinas Universe
PATRICIA TUMULAK

The Wildcard 5 are...
Diana Arevalo
Sabrinne Al-Tawill
Diane Necio
Wendy Lucas
Janine Tugonon

I think it'll be Diane, Patricia, Shamcey, Luzelle and MJ though.
Whilst I'll be happy for Luzelle to get into the Top 5 I wouldn't want her to. She just doesn't stand out as much as the other girls. I also think Diane hasn't really impressed tonight, she has just been ok and not really made an impact. Does she deserve a title for her performance tonight? I think out of the 5 I said Shamcey and MJ are definitely in I'm worried about Patricia though because I can see the judges blanking her.

Best In Swimsuit
13. Queenierich Rehman
ooh...

Best In Long Gown
23. Luzelle Felipe

Face of Binibining Pilipinas 2011
7. Angelia Ong
wow. Love her though, she looked gorgeous tonight.

Crossing my fingers for Patricia, Shamcey and Isabella.

Why is the "Major Major" fiasco such a catchphrase of the Philippines? Isn't that a reason why she lost out? I think they should be proud of Venus Raj but everybody is using major, major it's getting annoying.

What is with this long commercial break! I need to get my dinner soon! lol. OH finally just as I said it.

ARGH! lol.

Can someone tell me who all those beautiful ladies sitting on the front row of the audience are. Are they celebrities because some of them should apply!

2nd Runner Up
34. Mary Jean Lastimosa

OMG I PREDICTED IT! She must be pissed, she looked pissed. lol.

1st Runner Up
27. Janine Tugonon

I knew she could pull a shock, especially after the Q&A

Binibining Pilipinas Tourism International
25. Isabella Manjon

ARGH! PREDICTED ARGH! lol Please Shamcey and Patricia afterwards.

Binibining Pilipinas International
33. Diane Necio

Oh I knew it she had to get a crown. Oh well. PLEASE LET IT BE PATRICIA OR SHAMCEY next. I think it's Shamcey.

Binibining Pilipinas Universe
26. Shamcey Supsup

YEAH!

I said it, it was Shamcey's night.

I haven't been so excited for a pageant ever! I'm so happy for Shamcey, Dianne and Isabella. 3 great, great delegates though I just wish Patricia made it to the Top 5. Hopefully she'll apply next year.

Architects of the world rejoice!

So what will happen with at the international pageants with those 3?
Shamcey has a chance at Miss Universe, I can see Asia being a very strong contingent this year with Nadine Ames and Deborah Henry who both have similar traits to Shamcey I think. Would MU chose all 3 of them? I doubt it.

Diane Necio at Miss International. I'm not sure. She'll be a strong delegate but I don't think she'll improve on Krista Kleiner's performance.

And finally Isabella Manjon at Miss Tourism International. I don't know MTI that well but I think Isabella has a shot at the title imo.

Still a bit sad for Patricia, she didn't even win an award :( . I guess she followed in the footsteps of Rozanna Purcell because her evening gown styling was very similar.

I've read a few reviews of the pageant and it seems a lot of non-filipinos are very disappointed that Patricia didn't win a crown. I myself am disappointed as well. I think if Patricia had won even non-filipinos would be supporting her but to be honest I wouldn't have been happy if she didn't get Miss BP Universe. To me it was Universe or nothing for her. I didn't want to see her competing at Miss International I would only be content with Miss Universe. So not making the Top 5 is somewhat of a save for her because now she can go to Philippines World or rejoin Binibining Pilipinas next year. I think she should rejoin in all honesty because her beauty will not be recognised at Miss World. I just wonder has any contestant won the Universe crown 2nd time around? I just hope Patricia keeps going with pageantry as it'll be a shame to see her disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment