Saturday 30 April 2011

Harvester, O2 Arena

This is the second time I have been to Harvester, the first was at Bromley I think and I liked it, so when I found out there was a new branch at the O2 I thought I'd try it out.

I ordered the Cajun chicken burger with the salsa sauce and mash. I knew the portion sizes were large but it felt enormous this time. Last time I think I had a chicken roast with chips (can't remember clearly because it was more than a year ago). I think a huge mistake was ordering mash, I love mash, I was a bit hesitant with ordering mash with a burger but when a friend ordered the the chicken burger with chips I thought I'd be a bit different. However I didn't like the mash here, it didn't taste that nice, possibly processed and the serving was huge! At least 2 portions of what I'd expect. The burger wasn't great either. The chicken was too thick whilst the bun too thin and soggy at the bottom, the vegetables were also non-existent. I didn't get any taste either to be brutally honest. I also had a salad before, maybe a bad decision but at least I got my greens! The bar was rather small to be honest, well the whole shop was much smaller than the one in Bromley. I only took some sweetcorn, lettuce, peppers and cucumbers - no dressing because I don't see the point. Some of the peppers looked a bit too ripe and the lettuce was definitely not fresh, the sweetcorn was sweet though lol and the cucumbers were ok.

Anyway I didn't enjoy my meal, it was only about £8 though, a bargain considering the portion sizes. I will go to Harvester again but probably not to this branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment