Sunday 15 February 2009

SNSD

I've recently become a fan of SNSD (Girls Generation), yeah I know I'm a bit late but better late than never! I was at first reluctant to try SNSD due to many reasons, firstly because I was relatively dissapointed with Wonder Girl; I liked them and "Nobody" and "So Hot" were generally good but I'm not a huge fan and I didn't like their older stuff. The second reason was because they seemed to be getting less exposure than Wonder Girls across the world and therefore I linked that with their quality. Thirdly they were such a large group that I compared them to Cookies (Hong Kong) that have disbanded and in general produced only OK music. But I was sooooo wrong. I've only listened to "Gee" but I'm hooked already. It's just so catchy and upbeat that it works! To all the SNSD fans out there I've joined your cause but to the Wonder Girl fans, sorry I've jumped ship!
I'm sure a fan of any group would at one point compare the members and that's what I've done. Besides pictures and a few GIF's I also heard an interview on KBS World or something with Tiffany and Jessica (the two Korean Americans in the group). Overall I like most of the girls but Jessica, Tae Yeon and Tiffany stand out the most for me (maybe because I'm biased towards girls that can speak english!)
The Korean Wave has really only hit me now because a year ago I only really listened to Rain, Se7en and BoA but now I also listen to DBSK/TVXQ, a bit of Big Bang + their solos (especially Tae Yang), Lee Hyori, Byul and a few newcomers - I'm sure this list will expand in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment