Friday 25 March 2011

Tennis ATP & WTA - Sony Ericsson Open

It has been a long time since I made a post in between a tournament but I just feel like I need to post about the results I saw today. Most of you who follow tennis will know what I'm thinking about - Andy Murray crashing out... again! This is exactly what happened last year after he made the Aussie final. To be honest I don't think it has anything to do with that, there's no other way to explain a pretty disastrous month than to say he just isn't consistent enough. I don't know what Murray needs to do to improve his consistency but honestly I'd have thought Djokovic's improvement would have provided a kick up the butt for Murray. Hopefully he'll return stronger next time but honestly Murray needs to pick his game up if he doesn't want to go down the rankings - he is a 1,000 points up on Ferrer but it's not impossible.

It's slightly funny that Verdasco also lost, both guys in Section 7 - that means Djokovic should have a relatively safe passage to the SFs, considering Soderling looks to have lost his form.

Elsewhere Somdev Devvarman seems to be having a blast this month, he's now in Round 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment