Monday 7 March 2011

Tennis ATP & WTA Week 9 Results (28/02/11)

Sorry I'm a bit late on this, Sunday was a busy day. Anyway the story of the week for the WTA tour is definitely Jelena Dokic winning at Malyasia whilst fellow Jelena, Jelena Jankovic lost to Pavlyuchenkova at Monterrey. Dokic managed to beat both Lucie Safarova and Francesca Schiavone to win. But what was the best news for me was Michaella Krajicek making the SFs. Michaella Krajicek was one of my favourite young players a few years ago but she dropped off the circuit quite quickly.

Whilst in Davis Cup draws a few upsets occur, they were bound to happen.

Serbia beat India 4-1 with Tipsaveric posting the only loss, randomly Novak Djokovic played doubles when I thought he wasn't playing this week.

Sweden beat Russia 3-2 as predicted though Sweden had an unassailable 3-0 lead by the 3rd day.

Kazakhstan produced one of the shocks beating Czech Republic. I did say this would be a tough tie as the Czechs were relying on Berdych being healthy.

Argentina beat Romania 4-1 with Monaco posting a loss at the 5th match.

USA beat Chile 4-1 though I think it should have been 5-0, whilst Spain also beat Belgium 4-1.

Another one of the slight shocks was Germany beating Croatia though if I looked back I think I would have probably changed my prediction as only Cilic won for the Croatian's.

Finally France beat Austria. Yet again Austria was relying on one member of their team, Jurgen Melzer so when Melzer lost one of his rubbers the Austrians were at once on the back foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment