Wednesday 8 April 2009

Miss USA 2009 2nd Preview

Remember my post on Miss USA, well I'm back with different favourites! I've seen two more pictures of the delegates one being their glam shot and one being their swimsuit, I saw Alabama's evening gown shoot also but I'm not going to judge on those yet as I haven't seen the same shoot for any other delegate. Well now onto my Top 20! In fact it took me quite a long time to decide on my Top 20, towards the end I kind of just dragged everyone around so it may not actually reflect my actual favourites! But I'm sure I'll have one more ranking before the actual event so we'll see what happens.

Top 15 Alternatives


Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, Texas, West Virginia
Idaho has a chameleon like face about her as I think she looks different in every photo I've seen. She's an alternative of mine because I'm just unsure on her because she just looks different every time.
I loved Louisiana's portrait shot, it was definitely one of the best and that's the reason why she's in the alternatives list as without that shot she'll be miles away.
Minnesota was originally one I liked but two bad photos and two good photos leave me on the fence with her.
Texas has the look of a typical American "beauty" - or a typical Texan "beauty", but there's something so fake about her that I just can't accept. I totally believe she's had a nose job and personally I don't like nose jobs as they become so obviously fake when they're done. Her glam shot is gorgeous though.
West Virginia literally scraped in to my alternatives. I think she has some good photos but I believe she doesn't look as good as some of her shots in real life, therefore I could easily change her for another delegate but for now she's in my alternatives.

Top 15
Kentucky has the "pretty but not enough" thing going on I think. She's good looking but she fades into the background sometimes that's why she's only in my Top 15.
Originally I wasn't too keen on South Carolina but her awesome glam shot has changed my thoughts about her.
I believe Utah will be stunning on the night but until she gives me a good portfolio of shots to back my opinion up I can't justify putting her any higher than my Top 15.
Vermont is similar to Utah but unlike Utah who I think is a stunner I think Vermont is more of a natural beauty, a fresh looking face.
Wisconsin's portrait shot is fantastic but I'd love to be able to say that for all her shots. Overall her port is good but not enough to break the Top 10 as of yet.

Top 10

Arkansas's swimsuit shot looks disturbing, but I prepared to believe that she doesn't look like that all the time or even at all! I think she is better than that and that's why I'm not prepared to drop her from my Top 10 just yet.
At first I wasn't a fan of California but I have to say her look has grown on me! In fact if she improves in the next few shots she could easily make my Top 5! Her glamour shot is great also, hopefully there's more to come from this blonde bombshell.
Hawaii, the girl that everyone seems to love now! Originally she was so close in making my alternatives, the reason why I cut her in my first rankings was because I feared she would look to old but her recent photos have totally proven me wrong and now she's actually leading the poll of favourites on the Miss USA website!
I have to support the Chinese! But New York is beautiful anyway so she makes it easier for me to support her. However she has fallen from my Top 5 because she's less of a stand out than she was before, hopefully she'll regain her initial momentum.
Rhode Island was the girl I had to change a few times on my list. Originally she was in my Top 5 but later I dropped her in favour of someone else (which you'll find out later). I like her look but I do need to see more as I think she could be a one trick pony.

Top 5
Colorado was the girl I was talking about, the one I changed in with Rhode Island. Though her glamour shot was average I found her overall portfolio to be better than Rhode Islands because she felt relatable and sweet.
Georgia is currently my favourite I think, she has the look and the body and I absolutely love her portrait shot! Hopefully she improves even further.
Tennessee was my favourite before, but after seeing the two new photos I just felt slightly dissapointed. Her swimsuit shot is a disaster to me and I'm fearing that her future shots will not live up to her initial portrait. So you may say why is she in my Top 5, well I'm not willing to let her go just yet.
Virginia was one I found difficult to place, she really could have been in my Top 10 or even my Top 15 instead but I chose to place her in my Top 5 as I think she has a sweet look about her that rarely crosses paths with pageantry or maybe I'm just going nuts!
Washington wasn't originally a girl I took notice of but now I think she's really targetting the top spot for me. She doesn't have a bad shot (which a few of the other girls have, an achilles heel) Hopefully the trend continues.

Anyway I'll update once the other photos are out and I'm sure that there'll be some changes to the rankings. So if you've been following you'll hate noticed that New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida and North Carolina were omitted from the Top 20. New Jersey just dissapointed me with her two new shots, so did COnnecticut. Florida just didn't seem to appeal as much as before whilst North Carolina just lost out. Oh and by the way I realised that I only posted 19 girls last time, the one I forgot was Kentucky - maybe that's a bad omen for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment