Thursday 2 April 2009

ANTM Cycle 12 Episode 6

Celia wasn't backstabbing but I think it was an inappropriate time to suggest it. She did what her heart wanted to do so I think I like her a bit more but I also understand Tahlia's side of the argument.But yeah I agree with Sandra in saying it wasn't the business for Celia to say anything. In fact I also agree with Natalie! I agree with all of them! In fact I dislike Tahlia and Celia for not dealing with it on their own but dragging everyone else into it.
Well obviously Beth could get 6 Hampton's front covers because she looks like a posh high claseed socialite!
Yeah Sandra looks like she is going. I hate how Allison and Sandra are the most stiff! Allison's eyes are what's keeping her interesting but I worry that after a while it would bore.

Challenge
Celia - Yet again her face is boring, what she does well is her body positioning, but her face is always bad, she looked like a child doing one of those at the beach.
Fo - Why was Fo doing that!
Teyona - Oh my god that was haunting!
Sandra - Sandra looks tired and so old! And boring.
Aminat - Not good!
Allison - eww!
Natalie - I hate how she did ok when so many of them failed.
London - She did average at the first but good at the second
Tahlia - average like all of them besides Natalie and London.

None of them can seem to beat Tyra's amazingly random expressions!
If I would chose the winner I'd chose London and then natalie - it's scary because it means London is slowly fading as the edit didn't even show her that much.

I use to think McKey looked very modelesque but now I have my worries, her frame looks to bulky and her voice is not suited to spokesmodelling. She could be a good runway model, as I don't think she's an editorial or a high fashion girl.

Yeah I didn't realise how few of the girls were not strong in the face on photos so it's good that this shoot is more about the face as it divides the good from the average.
Wow for the first time I liked how Tahlia looked.
I like this shoot as it's simple but works so well, like cycle 10's pain shot.
Yeah Fo's doing so well! She may even make the Top 6 now! Lets hope!
Why are Fo and London - two of the best just not being shown much.
I hope Sandra does well as I've seen some of her pre show shoots and she can sometimes hit that spot.
Yeah Sandra is going as I don't see Allison or Celia going yet.
GO FO! Now She could actually get into the Top 6 (deservedly!)

Ok Tyra definitely sealed Natalie's fate this week.

Fo - Finally!
Teyona - 2nd again, how many is that - I sense an Analeigh developing! (Just checked, only her 2nd time - but still I sense more 2nd's to come!)
Tahlia
Aminat
Allison - too high.
Natalie - wow too high!
London - tooo low, I didn't think her shot was that bad.
Celia
Sandra - A shame that Tyra said she actually had a good shot, well if she's only a one look model then why is Allison at 4th? I actually want to see one of her profiles in this shoot and see whether it was good or not.

Allison - I definitely like the eyes but on the whole I don't like this shot. Firstly it looks a bit too awkward for me, in fact scary - like she just got hit by a bus and then blood splattered all over her. 2nd thing is that she does the same thing over and over again. The only thing I like about this shot is her eyes, they are so dazzling.

Aminat - I like the look but for some reason something looks wrong in this shot, something is just not right, though she's working much better with her face.

Celia - I'm split. I like it then I don't like it. Yet again I love her eyes and the pursed lips - which she always does! But then I didn't like the neck - too elongates and the angle her back is in - I don't know just something detracts from the shot.

Fo - I like this shot as it is intense, it's red! which I think a lot of girls failed to portray - the actual colour! I like, verging towards loving it but there is just something which keeps me away from jumping off my chair and saying "Fo is the Next Top Model" Don't know what though.

London - I don't know why the judges disliked this shot, I think what's killing her a bit is the makeup artist her splahes blue on her mouth, makes her look like she's dying - maybe she should have done the same pose but on her right. It's not a WOW shot but it's not as bad as Paulina said it was, yes she looks a bit lifeless but I think it's to do with the colour. She does however portray a coldness in her shot.

Natalie - eww! Her face is too round in this shot and her eyes are dead - not London dead but actually dead! Just bad.

Sandra - Poor Sandra, because she isn't doing anything facially wrong it's just that her face doesn't work well at this angle therefore she does need to learn how to do a face on shot but still look pretty. She doesn't look ugly but she just looks average, the hair wasn't a good addition to the shot I think either.

Tahlia - I like the mystery behind her eyes and the slight cheekiness, but in actual fact I liked her shot more when it was on video rather than on screen. As on screen she looks a bit more plain, however it's still a good shot of Tahlia.

Teyona - When I saw it on the video I was going "It's YAYA" but then it looks less like Yaya when I see it properly, oh well. Anyway it's still a good shot - maybe a bit more energy would have been good e.g. the Tyra smile with your eyes, but it's still a good shot.

Fo
Teyona
Tahlia
Aminat
Celia
London
Allison
Sandra
Natalie

I had a hard time trying to chose between Fo, Teyona and Tahlia but in the end I decided Fo did the best as she had a good pic and related to the colour well. Tahlia came third in this bout because though at points I love it - even maybe placing it at top, at points I just see a bored expression, it kind of depends what angle I look at it in. If I focus on the eyes it looks good but when I focus on the mouth she looks like she's developing a frown. Whilst I thought Teyona was slightly lost with her expression but still translated well as a photograph.

In my calculation of the judges call out Teyona is still way above anyone else, in fact she has only been toppled over the top position once by Celia, however I as shocked to see that Tahlia is now 2nd! To think that the girl who was on the verge of going home is now 2nd shows how up and down this cycle has been. I do agree that Tahlia has improved but not enough to put her in 2nd place in terms of call outs! It goes to show how Tyra loves her little baby. Allison is still jumping around in the 2nd/3rd position whilst Fo has stepped back into the Top 5!
I fear for London now, even though she is 3rd from bottom the judges have slowly lost interest in her and she is the girl receiving the least screen time. I think Natalie is also in danger next week as she currently has the worst call out ratio whilst Aminat - 2nd from last isn't going anywhere yet I don't think. In fact London and Natalie may go out in order to round out our Top 6!

My call out however has been slightly different. Fo is the first girl in this cycle to receive 2 first call outs from me and has rightly ascended the top of the pack, however Teyona is following closely behind, both have had one bad shot but all the rest have been good in general. Allison is third on my list simply because she does well one weak and then does averagely the next. Aminat and London come in closely behind because they have been doing well/ok, both were doing well at the start for me. Aminat has definitely improved but has instead faded into the centre of the pack whilst London has dropped down slowly. Whilst Tahlia comes in 6th - edging out Sandra, because how she's redeeming herself for some awful pictures she took early on. Celia and Natalie are at the bottom as neither have had a shot which would put them near the top for me, though Celia has been close, whilst both receiving a worst shot nod from me also. However Celia is so close to Tahlia it is kind of negligable, whilst Natalie is just way behind on ratio.

It has interested me that how besides Week 1 that every week I chose a girl as the best the following week they drop to the bottom.
Week 2 Teyona - goes to 9th/11th next week
Week 3 Fo - goes to 9th/10th next week
Week 4 Allison - goes to 7th/9th next week

I hope this isn't an omen as I don't want Fo to drop to 6th/8th or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment