Tuesday 24 May 2011

Roland Garros 2011 - Day 3

So the story of the day must be Nadal being pushed to 5 sets by John Isner, I think it's the first time he's been pushed to 5 and by an American as well! Honestly at one point when Isner was just about to win his second set to go 2-1 up I thought Nadal was done because his whole body language wasn't there but then he managed to hold on and then bring it all back - boo - I wanted a huge shock like that!

In comparison Nicolas Almagro's 1st Round loss was a minor fissure but to be honest I thought he would contend for the QFs, I was shocked when he lost to Kubot. Murray now has absolutely no excuse not to make the SFs imo.

Whilst on the women's side Ana Ivanovic and Dominika Cibulkova were the two seeds who lost. It's pretty amusing how the "greats" of two to three years ago have all basically crumbled; Ivanovic, Jankovic, Safina, Kuznetsova.

No comments:

Post a Comment