Thursday 2 June 2011

Roland Garros 2011 - Day 12

So as I predicted Francesca Schiavone will play Na Li in the finals of the women's draw. Na Li winning was still a minor shock, whilst I thought she was the more likely of the two I still kind of expected to hear that Sharapova made the finals but good job to Na Li, she makes her second Grand Slam final of the year! Na Li should now rise to World No.5 even if she loses the finals but if she wins she could go to 4th. Though pretty amusing is that Schiavone will no doubt drop a rank even if she wins the tournament - going down a ranking but winning the title is rather funny imo. Jelena Jankovic will drop out of the Top 10 in the world, is this the first time since her rise to the Top 10?

Sadly I must of jinxed Oliver Golding, just after I said he has a chance of winning a Junior Grand Slam he loses in both the singles and doubles but good job Oliver, hopefully he'll be the future of British tennis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment