Tuesday 11 August 2009

WTA Tour LA Women's Tennis Championships

I'm back with Tennis, after ages of being somewhat bored of tennis results my interest was rekindled when an unexpected final cropped up at the LA Women's Tennis Championships.
Firstly we had the exit of World No.1 Dinara Safina to Jie Zheng, this left a gap in this quarter of the draw, one in which I was sure Dinara would win or at least get to the final stage. Ana Ivanovic however couldn't capitalize on this draw leaving Samantha Stosur, who seems to be growing from strength to strength these days from making the final.
With two of the most promising young talents Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska I doubt many put their money on Sorana Cirstea - who hasn't been having the best of seasons instead she managed to beat both of those players however eventually losing to the spirited Samantha Stosur. Anna Chakvetadze also seems to be regaining some ground.
Victoria Azarenka was beaten in the 2nd round but by Maria Sharapova who went on to the semifinals being beaten by Flavia Pennetta! Love it! Nicole Vaidisova is still failing to return to form but overall I'm extremely pleased with the results I've been longing for Flavia to win something major and I also put Sam Stosur in my fantasy team so its win win for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment