Friday 2 January 2009

Brisbane International (Women's Draw)

Similarly in Brisbane we only have the players list, of which Ivanovic leads the pack. I'll reserve judgment on Ivanovic and her form until I see her form in Brisbane.
Last years winner Na Li is also in this draw and I wish she could take it again to be honest because I really want to see her back on top form. The likes of Azarenka and Hantuchova could also make this an interesting tournament whilst I still have a strong dislike for Marion Bartoli being able to be 3rd seed. Further down the field there are Mauresmo, Schiavone and Sugiyama as the veterans and Kirilenko one of my favourite players.
Even further down we see a bunch of Australian players of which Jelena Dokic particularly stands out. Though I don't think she'll see much of a comeback it's always nice to see old players try to recapture their former glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment