Sunday 11 January 2009

Miss Chinese International 2009 Part 3

Well I’ve basically said 20 contestants who I think could make the Top 10! Well I’ve only got 3 photos to judge. The others I’ll talk about now.
02. Beijing – Comparatively she is slightly below average for this contest in the looks department but being a TV presenter should mean she has strong conversational skills which will do her well – also coming from Beijing could give her a slight advantage!
03. Chicago – I don’t really like her or dislike her. Her face doesn’t really match well with her body and I doubt she’ll make it far into the competition.
06. Guangdong – Her official portrait was good but the other two weren’t, so I really do have to see more of her before I finalise a decision.
08. Harbin – Her contest photos are decidedly average, but I’ve seen other photos of her and she looks good actually. I don’t know what to expect from her so I guess I’ll have to wait.
09. Heilongjiang – At the start of this process she was in my Top 15 I’d say but she just lost her appeal for me. There are other contestants who look better, have a better posture and are more vibrant than her so I don’t know where she places amongst them.
13. Macau – Personally I think she is one of the weaker contestants if not one of the weakest in terms of presence and looks. I really doubt she’ll make it to the next stage in the contest.
14. Manila – She gives me two feelings one is that she’ll be quite a happy go lucky person like a past contestant from Lima, or one who is deceptively shy; we’ll just have to wait and see.
21. Singapore – Facially the weakest I’d say – It looks like she went through bad surgery! Well let’s not be too harsh but I doubt she’ll make it far.
22. Sydney – She reminds me of a children TV presenter in Hong Kong?!?! Anyway I don’t think she is particularly strong in my honest opinion but I wouldn’t 100% rule her out of a further stage.
23. Tahiti – Similar contestants never make it far at MCI because she is just slightly too foreign for MCI to put her into the next stage. I think she has a sporty and strong look to her but I think her appeal isn’t as strong in such an event.
28. Zhengzhou – I don’t really like her, she just doesn’t look too good to me! Let’s not comment any further on that!

I do think this year is quite strong because there are 4 or 5 great candidates and a bunch of good ones also, there are bound to be weaker contestants like in any other pageant but I think this year we actually have a good quality bunch of contestants.
So lets bring the crown back to the former strongholds of America after 3 years without a win. It would be great if the title could go back to New York as it would be a 10 year anniversary since their last title in 1999 with Michelle Ye - now a national star. Going to Toronto wouldn't be too bad either with their last win in 1997 by the fabulous Monica Lo (even my favourite contestant Lee San San had to hand it to her). Or maybe another title to the ever growing (in beauty) European contestants whilst a first for China would be an interesting twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment