Sunday 11 January 2009

Miss Chinese International 2009 Part 2

After the Top 5 there are a few who stand out as possible alternatives for me
01. Auckland – I like her but she has no votes on Pan’s Pageant Page!
10. Hong Kong – She looks much better with this hairstyle, more vibrant and feminine and also younger; much much better than when she was in Miss Hong Kong.
17. Nanjing – She looks like a sweet small town girl to me which is why I like her, but in the competition she is yet to stand out for me – though she is deemed a favourite.
19. San Francisco – She won the Miss Asian American which should put her on good stead, she is a simple beauty so I think a Top 10 isn’t asking too much.
20. Seattle – It took quite a time to decide on her but she has a nice smile – but she does look very awkward at stages, if everything goes right for her this 5’10 Seattle girl could cause a shock in my opinion.

Currently including these 5 I’ll have my Top 10 but I have to say there are a few who I think could easily break into my select group of 10. Let me name a few…
04. Chongqing – though at times she looks very spaced out I’ve seen some of her modelling shots and I think if she can reproduce that type of effect on the day a Top 10 placement wouldn’t be too difficult.
05. Foshan – She kind of reminds me of Lily Ho who absolutely broke down in Miss Hong Kong 2007. But anyway she has a sweet young look to her but I’m not sure if that’s enough to garner her much success.
07. Hangzhou – It was interesting to know that she is deaf and mute because it will be the first time MCI has a contestant like that, it would be interesting to see how she fares in conversations and how MCI will try to make it work out.
12. Kuala Lumpur – Sadly I think Kuala Lumpur doesn’t look as good with the short hair compared to her at Miss Astro. At Miss Astro she looked sweet and endearing; a strong Top 10 candidate, but here she seems to have lost that look.
15. Melbourne – She was one of the contestants that I took some time to decide on whether she was in my current Top 10; she has a elegant and sophisticated look to her which is her main selling point.
26. Vancouver – I consider her a strong dark horse; she as a contestant reminds me of Sarah Song of Sydney in 2007, someone who you don’t expect to win it but is one of the prettier ones. Her look will probably take her to the Top half of the pack so it really comes down to whether she could perform on the night – though I doubt MCI will award Vancouver 5 wins out of 21 contests!
27. Wuhan – It’s weird because I think she looks Ok but if I were to remember all the 28 contestants I think she’ll be the one I’ll most likely forget. I guess her photos don’t shine and she doesn’t have a feature which really makes her stand out (in a good or bad way).

No comments:

Post a Comment