Friday 2 January 2009

Qatar Exxonmobil Open

Last year Murray won this tournament to start off his best year to date. This year however looks extremely dangerous, I was quite shocked when I saw the players list actually; I guess money really does attract the top players!
Rafael Nadal heads this field but I still have doubts about his hard court ability which could prove a problem when Federer and Murray are in the draw. Federer of course is 2nd seed; though I still think he's past his heyday this tournament could be a blessing to him. However if Murray were to have stayed in his late 2008 form it may not come as a shock when he lifts this title again; but knowing Murray he could have totally broke down in the off season! We'll just have to wait and see. Of course the ever existent Andy Roddick is also in this draw and besides these 4 I really don't see a possible alternative winner. Favourites of mine Tursunov and Youzhny have propped up in the line up so hopefully they'll do well - interesting that the two finalists last year from Chennai have decided to play in Qatar instead! Hopefully Mikhail would annihilate Nadal!!!!!
Sadly with 4 high profiled players and a few of my favourites in the draw I have totally disregarded many of the lower seeds but I guess a shock could be on the way for one of our Top 10 players. It really depends on the draw to see which two is in the finals but either way you put it Andy Roddick has the smallest chance out of the 4 sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment