Friday 2 January 2009

Chennai Open

Remember this one, probably one of my highlights of last year; yep it was when Nadal was utterly thrashed by Mikhail Youzhny. However after the tournament Mikhail failed to impress in 2008 whilst Nadal subsequently became king of the court - boohoo! Oh yeah before I forget good job ATP for making such a good website!
This year however we see a much more surpressed field. Nikolay Davydenko is our top seed here and if you've read my previous posts you'll know how I feel about Davydenko. There are however some players of note being Marin Cilic, Ivo Karlovic and Rainer Schuettler. Then there are Carlos Moya and Ivan Ljubicic; both however failed in 2008 but you can't rule them out with their experience - still remember when Ljubicic was a top 10 player! Besides that I don't think I have a particular interest in the field besides the Americans which I always have a thing for - I don't know I just seem to automatically like American players unless I find out about anything I don't like about them! Well I've never been fond of Swiss players so that rules Wawrinka out.

No comments:

Post a Comment