Monday 9 March 2009

American Idol: Everything after the Top 36 performances till now

My Top 13

Alexis Grace She has that quiet confidence I like and a she's a good singer
Michael Sarver Personality wise he's in my Top 13, singing wise he still has a lot to prove
Jasmine Murray I know she has potential
Allison Iraheta One of the few Top 36 performances I liked
Kris Allen I just like him, a good all round artist
MishaVonna Henson I would have liked to see more of her
Adam Lambert If he gets it right I could love him
Kristen McNamara Maybe I'm the only one that liked her but I'm still going to like her
Scott MacIntyre Interested, want to hear more of him
Jorge Nunez A vocal guy, always a good addition
Lil Rounds One of my favourites
Anoop Desai I don't know why he's in my Top 13 but he is
Matt Giraud or Ricky Braddy To me either would be OK, at the moment I may have edged with Ricky but I think Matt has more potential.

I'm basically quite happy with the Top 13 besides Danny Gokey because I didn't like his interpretation of Hero, however I believe he could change my opinion.

Wildcards!
I've just picked out 7 that weren't even considered for wildcards - isn't that a bit harsh - only 7! I'm amazed they didn't choose Kai Kalama as I thought they loved him, I still think MishaVonna Henson should have had another chance tbh and I liked Casey and Jeanine, just a bit rude to totally cut them.
The ones that weren't in the Wildcard room...
Stevie Wright
Casey Carlson
Ann Marie Boskovich
Steven Fowler
Jeanine Vailes
Kai Kalama
MishaVonna Henson

I wonder who they changed for Jesse Langseth? I was amazed they didn't chose Felicia because I thought they loved her. I personally think Jackie Tohn, Kristen McNamara and Ju'not Joyner should have had a second chance.

Wildcard show
Jesse Langseth
Tell Me Something Good - Rufus and Chaka Khan
At the very first few notes she actually reminded me of Duffy. Anyway it was Ok, it fit her style but at times it sounded a bit shouty. I liked it but whether I'd want to see that every show is a different opinion. I agree with Randy that the vocals weren't wow but her image works.

Matt Giraud
Who's Loving You - Jackson 5
I liked the feeling of the song but I want him to stop doing these inconsistent changes in keys, yeah it's his style but after a while it just starts getting annoying. I'm not sure I love him but I think he's an Ok addition to the Top 13.

Megan Joy Corkrey
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
I liked this performance, it worked because it was more her style, I just want to see more of these performances - different but not bad, original and current as Simon says. The only problem is that I know I'll start to hate her arm movements because I know I started getting annoyed with Diana Vickers (X Factor) with her arm movements.

Von Smith
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - Elton John
I still don't really like him because I don't like his voice and style that much. He had a good vocal but it just sounded slightly weird to me. In fact he sometimes scares me when he sings.

Jasmine Murray
Reflection - Christina Aguilera
Ok this is a bazillion times better than her first performance. I love the soul and the r'n'bness of her voice! Ok maybe I'm overboiling her and yes I do agree I think I'm overreacting. Let me get back to earth - she was slightly pitchy at times but she is soooo getting there - love her confidence and she is versatile despite what the skeptics might say.

Ricky Braddy
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Oh my god Paula was crazy! Anyway for some reason he reminds me of Will Young? Don't know why - maybe the dress sense. I'm definitely liking these performances much more than the dreary Top 36 performances most people did. It was a good choice and I liked it but didn't love it. The girls definitely love him whilst Randy and Simon were more skeptical!

Tatiana Del Toro
Saving All My Love For You - Whitney Houston
She's scary as her emotions are so up and down! I honestly thought she was singing in Spanish at the start! Her transitions were better and she does have a big voice but she needs to know how to control it better. Some notes were slightly off and to be honest I'm not sure she is versatile enough as she sung the same song. Her personality is just all over the place.

Anoop Desai
My Prerogative - Bobby Brown
His vocals are definitely there and I like that he chose something hip and modern but I'm not sure I loved the whole performance. If you are going to say something was self indulgent that was! I liked the performance but I want to hear a total vocal rendition of a song as well as his pop dance renditions.

Ok so here's the lowdown of the Top 13 and my opinions on them.

Alexis Grace - A good contestant who I believe would make it quite far - I have a feeling that she'll be at least Top 8; but I'm expecting her to be one of the final few. I hope she turns it up a notch because I do like her.

Michael Sarver - I have a feeling come Top 13 I'm going to absolutely want him to leave because currently besides personality I don't see a reason why I like him as a contestant!

Danny Gokey - Here's the thing, I didn't like Hero that much but I'm giving this guy a chance as I think he could amaze me. If not I wouldn't want him to get far but I have a feeling he'll at least stick around for the first few episodes if not even further.

Jasmine Murray - I like her but I have a feeling the audience won't, I'm expecting lukewarm opinions about her, I think a Top 8 finish is unlikely but I really do hope she comes out fighting next week as I know she can do better.

Matt Giraud - Currently he's on the verge of like/don't like for me as he tends to annoy me halfway through his performances. I think with the right song he could really strike a cord with me but currently he's a maybe and an even bigger maybe as to whether he'll make it far.

Allison Iraheta - Contestants like her don't seem to get far on this show but I actually like her and want her to get far, however I think she should make it to the Top 8 at least. I'm waiting to see what she does next because as I said before she produced one of the performances I actually liked in the Group stages.

Kris Allen - Currently I need to stretch my mind to put a face on him but I know with time it'll stick. However I do like him but he's the type that I wouldn't really mind if he left or stayed (currently) though I do believe this could all change with the coming weeks.

Megan Joy Corkrery - She's the Diana Vickers of American idol - though personally I like Diana more. I would like her to improve her vocals because it would give a smoother performance but I do like her, however contestants like her normally fall at the last hurdle as people start to get annoyed with her constant arm movements!

Adam Lambert - Ok he leaves me split. In one way I think he's currently the favourite but in another I can see him going in the middle to latter stages - though there is one thing I'm sure about and that is he isn't going soon! I just wished his voice was more to my style as I think he is a good performer.

Scott MacIntyre - though I currently like him more than I dislike him I know all this will be subject to change. I liked his Top 36 performance but I know I won't the next time I hear him without his keyboard as I'm expecting it. But once he starts using his keyboard I know I'll get board of it afterwards. It's kind of a vicious cycle lol!

Jorge Nunez - He's vocally very strong but I normally like that from female singers more. I'm kind of worried he'll turn into David "forgotten his last name but not Cook" type of singer where I think he has strong vocals but I start to get annoyed with because everything sounds the same! But honestly Simon Cowell has wayyyy too much power in this show because it's obvious he wanted a Spanish singer after he saw Ruth Lorenzo on X Factor!

Lil Rounds - I like her and want her to get far, I believe a Top 8 wouldn't be too much to ask for though I'm worried she won't make it to the Top 4 which currently she richly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment