Friday 6 March 2009

ANTM Cycle 12 Episode 1+2

Booo I had a lot of things written out but then there was a power cut! Well at least I'll have stuff to write about the second episode!

Anyway I'll try to write some of my first episode stuff. I wanted to see more of Tatiana but sadly she was cut, whilst Angelea was the usual story we keep hearing on ANTM, I still feel sorry for her but in all honesty she can't model with an attitude like hers. Oh and besides Angelea and Kathryn did they even mention the other 5 non finalists! They were basically blanked out!

In the beginning...
I'm kind of not liking Sandra's attitude, she has that nice smile but inside she has a devil's personality! I'm amazed Sandra and Celia's bed fiasco wasn't bigger, I would have loved to see some controversy at the start.
I loved the house - like Aminat said "chic".
Oh my god I'm loving Allison's "oh my god I'm gonna die! comment when she was talking about her first ANTM Top 13 catwalk.

Here is my commentary on the catwalk:
Aminat has a good walk, maybe a bit lumpy but full of attitude and style
London is too wavy, a bit fake - not a Whitney Cycle 10 fake though
Teyona is ok but a bit stiff
Kortnie is too walk on the high street, not catwalk
Isabella actually had an interesting walk however interesting doesn't mean great!
Jessica was Ok
I loved Fo's walk
Tahlia was too I'm on a high street, plain and ordinary
Nijah did ok whilst her personality shone which is probably why it was one of the better walks in my opinion.
Allison was a bit freaky, though interesting
Sandra was weird - and why halfway on the catwalk?
Natalie was kinda boring
Celia was quite dominant but maybe slightly wavy ~~~

Towards the middle...
Sandra continued her bitchiness by telling the girls to shut up as "the queen needed her beauty sleep"! I understand Sandra's view for not speaking in the bedroom but be a nicer personality.
Why the hell did Sandra have some good pre show shots, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be so split about whether I like her or not!!!!
Ok I'm beginning to dislike Sandra, why is she like that!!!! Why not more modest, why not more Aminat?

The panel looked like a disaster!
WHAT THE HELL WAS JAY WEARING!
Ok Paulina's hair was WHATTTTTT!
Tyra wasn't awful but not great
Don't remember what Nigel was wearing but I can't imagine anything to disturbing!

Here was the call out order:
Allison - I didn't love her photo but I guess I'm Ok with this call out
Fo - YEah!
Teyona - erm maybe too high but yeah!
London - about right
Celia - guessed so
Nijah - not a great picture but lovely personality!
Kortnie - Hope she improves next time around
Natalie - ...
Aminat - Boo!
Tahlia - Knew she wouldn't be bottom 2, though she should be
Jessica - I would've thought they'd put her in bottom 2 to give her a shock but I guess Sandra needed that more.
Sandra - Well her personality is enough to put her here! But she looks more like a model than Isabella, sometimes it's so annoying because there is some truth in stuff she saids.
Isabella - pre show I would have definitely said Isabella but I don't know I wasn't really expecting Isabella.

I was really dissapointed with all the shots to be honest because I was expecting so much, I guess I put to much hopes on as it's still their first week.

Here's my analysis on the photos:

Allison - I don't see why everyone is crazy about it. It's not a bad shot but not great tbh, I think some people are letting her personality cloud their judgment because it doesn't really evoke anything to me and the face is slightly scrunched up, I guess this is the more fashionable shot out of the pack though.

Aminat - its the wrong feeling that she's showing but it's not a bad shot, personally I like it; but it's just got nothing to do with London Bridge (I don't even know what it is!), it's more of "I can stand strong even with these biatches around me!"

Celia - Celia has got the bottom half of the body, except, is she wearing shoes for her right foot! It just disappears, eeeek! Anyway her head and her left arm is a no no for me, she looks really old.

Fo - Definitely got the youth factor in it which a lot of girls haven't. This shoot should be a passport for girls to overact! To be wild! To be free! But everyone was dull, at least Fo tried to portray the youth even if her face was slightly off.

Isabella - OK what is she doing and anyway it's not childish or even graceful! Sadly this doesn't make the cut, she looks as if she's doing artistic bowling!

Jessica - I'm a fierce little girl! lol! Jessica just doesn't know what to do. She looks pretty though, the generic answer!

Kortnie - no no no what happened Kortnie, no sazzle or energy! I was so hoping you would be one of the free and wild ones! I'm quickly putting Kortnie into my to worry list, she just needs to show me more of what I was expecting from her.

London - I do sense a child and the photo is cinematic, her face maybe slightly fake but I think the overall outcome works.

Natalie - She looks like she's saying "uh,uh bitches! Talk to the hand!!!!" lol. Just doesn't evoke the right emotion at least she looks slightly pretty.

Nijah - the image concept should work but it doesn't, it falls flat; the smile is toooo much and the expression is a bit stiff, what happened to the good smiles she had in her pre show shots!

Sandra - I don't think this is as bad as everyone saids, I think she kind of portrays the scared little girl who is being chased by the bad girls! Ok not the right emotion and I'm not saying I like Sandras attitude, but she hasn't done as badly as people seem to suggest, I think people are measuring her on her attitude.

Tahlia - Her face is a mess, but I kind of like her fake little arm movements, it does seem kind of childlike but I reiterate; the face is a mess!

Teyona - Well, I think she makes the shot interesting yes, but it's like "Now girls I'll show you the true way to HOPSCOTCH!" Just maybe a bit to gymnastic for such a shot. However I like how she actually brought something!

My attempt to order from best to worst:
London - I don't think she did the best, it's kind of who did the least wrong here.
Fo - If it wasn't for the face she would be first.
Aminat - Put her high because I like the outcome, just doesn't fit the concept.
Teyona - I like it but it's a bit too much.
Allison - Yeah the face just doesn't work for me.
Celia - I commend her for her pose.
Sandra - Higher than most may think but I think she deserves this placement.
Nijah - Just failed me, putting this here because she tried to work the concept.
Jessica - Totally wrong emotion but at least she looks pretty.
Tahlia - Fake and scarily a bit Whitney Cycle 10 like!
Natalie - It's just these little things that makes this shot not commendable, shes just got it wrong for every part of the shot.
Kortnie - Really dissapointed.
Isabella - I don't think I need to explain!

So here's my favourites list
Love: Fo, Aminat, Nijah, Allison
Like: London, Celia, Teyona, Kortnie, Isabella (OUT)
No opinion yet: Jessica, Tahlia, Natalie
Bottom: Sandra

Kortnie needs to do more for me to put her in my "Love" list, Jessica needs to show more personality, Tahlia is close to the like list but sadly I just can't get over the fact she's there for her sob story. Natalie has minimal coverage so how am I supposed to like her when she doesn't even show an ounce of personality in the 1 second she gets on screen! How can I say I like Sandra when her personality stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment