Monday 9 March 2009

American Idol Group 2


Jasmine Murray
Love Song - Sarah Bareilles
I love her style but her vocals could have been stronger. I just think the performance was only OK because she sounded inconsistent and slightly pitchy but I still like her style and attitude, her confidence is a good attribute.

Matt Giraud
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
It was a little breathy but I guess Coldplay is kinda like that, I didn't think the singing was great but in a way Chris Martin kinda sounds like that. However it wasn't the strongest performance I've heard but I like that he chose something current rather than 20 years old.

Jeanine Vailes
This Love - Maroon 5
It wasn't the right song for her as it sounded breathy and at times slightly pitchy. The song was running away from her slowly by slowly. It just wasn't a good performance. She sounds like a really nice girl and I feel sorry for her, and she doesn't look 28!

Nick Mitchell
And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going - Jennifer Holliday
Ok that was just terrible, it wasn't funny and the singing wasn't great - it could have been good if it was made funny with good vocals but it wasn't funny or did it have good vocals. I could see that he can sing at times but this performance just didn't have the vocals consistently.

Allison Iraheta
Alone - Heart
I really liked it, it was the right song because it had the right grit and soul in it to work for her, she could have toned down on the screeching but it worked, the next time I see her I hope she tones down on the screechy parts of her voice because if she can calm that down she would be able to do anything.

Kris Allen
Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson
It was a good performance but I think he has more than this. The vocals were good the song choice was OK. His performance on the whole was good but I think he should have chosen something more current.

Megan Joy Corkrery
Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Ray
I like the difference in her voice but her performance wasn't great - she is the girl that fits into a Brooke White type - different, doesn't really have the voice but could work with the right song. She's fun to watch but I hope she improves on her vocals.

Matt Breitzke
If You Could Only See - Tonic
He's like a gentle giant - awwwh! It wasn't really bad but it wasn't really memorable at all - there wasn't any high points in the song and it sounded slightly awkward. It kind of bored me in a way, it wasn't a bad vocal but it's one of these performances that just didn't seem to work.

Jesse Langseth
Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
I liked her style but her vocals could have been better, it just sounded a little breathless at times. It was Ok but I kind of agreed with Randy.

Kai Kalama
What Becomes of the Brokenhearted - Jimmy Ruffin
Ok I officially don't want to hear him singing this, the arrangement is just too cheesy and old, I want to hear something more current. The thing is the vocals weren't bad but it just didn't fit the song and yet again I have to emphasize that I didn't like the arrangement. His vocals are strong but the song was just weird.

MishaVonna Henson
Drops of Jupiter - Train
I wasn't expecting something like this from her, I liked it - much more current than the things I've been hearing today. Her vocals were good and the performance worked for me, it wasn't a WOW performance but it was good, though I think she should have chosen something different.
I don't really agree with the judges, yeah she's a bit old styled for an 18 year old but she's a good singer and one of the best tonight.

Adam Lambert
Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
It was a good performance because he brought the rock in a rock song and had good extreme vocals but I'm not a fan of his voice because it just feels a bit too rocky and as Randy said manic for me and a bit too phantom of the opera, however it was a good performance.

Yet again I wasn't really happy with the performances, there were a few gems but very very few, just dissapointed.

Oh and just talking about Simon Cowel's comment on Anoop Desai's performance of Angel of Mine by Monica. He stated something like Anoop must have been 2 when he heard this, Angel of Mine was released in 1997 so it really isn't that old compared to all the other things we've been hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment