Saturday 21 March 2009

Make Me A Supermodel Season 2 Episode 1

Ok call me slow but I really didn't realise that Make Me A Supermodel was on, I remember loving the Uk and US version so I was totally shocked when I didn't even know Season 2 was out! Anyway need to start posting about it!

Chris is way too feminine, I really did think he was a "she" when he was wearing sunglasses.
Besides the above point for some reason I didn't type anything else until the judging... Don't Know Why...

Mountaha - had an interesting walk which actually worked out ok with her dress
Branden - I always find it difficult to look at guys on the runway as they always look a bit stiff to me
Laury - she looked quite interesting a bit too bouncy though
Gabriel - Ok, nothing much to add
Amanda - too swingy arms
Shawn - I personally think it was a bit stiff
Karen - Her face was scary!
Chris - I'm thinking to stiff
CJ - Too contrived
Ken - Swingy and stiff!
Jonathan - He had confidence but I didn't like the walk
Kerryn - It was ok considering what she had to wear
Sandhurst - I thought he was the best guy
Jordan - It was interesting, one of the better ones
Colin - err.... a bit too swingy for me
Salome - Nothing too interesting tbh.

Ok the first episode was interesting but as I jumped straight into it I really didn't know much about the contestants. The photos being shown on the website for the first week are also really small so I can't really see who did well as I'd like a close up, so I decided to cheat a bit and use their promo shots as well to determine the best of the first episode! Of course the catwalk was in consideration but as it was only like a 2 second segment for each contestant it would naturally be a small part of my decision.

I'll attempt to make some comments on the photoshoot in episode 1
Sandhurst - from memory he was fantastic
Mountaha - I think she did well but her face was off.
Colin - From what I remember it was a mess
Ken - Same with Colin
Jonathan - He looked good I remember, Maybe just a bit plain
Laury - She did Ok
Branden - really needed a close up, but it looks Ok in full shot
Chris - Don't know what he's doing
Karen - Don't like the pose
Shawn - I think it was Ok, from what I remember
Gabriel - A bit stiff and didn't stand out, it was Ok though
Salome - it was a good shot, shame about the arm though
Amanda - lossed
Kerryn - Didn't evoke the right emotion; intimacy
CJ - It was Ok but her facial expression was average from memory
Jordan - I liked her, she made the shot good.

Rankings
Sandhurst
Jordan
Salome
Jonathan
Mountaha
Branden
Laury
Gabriel
Shawn
Kerryn
Amanda
CJ
Colin
Karen
Ken
Chris

Just to remind you this ranking is not from only one photo, it's from the photo, the catwalk, the promo and my opinion of them (model wise) from the show, though it's still quite a rough compilation.
I think rather than scores I'm going to do something different with Make Me A Supermodel. Maybe I'll just have a favourites list and favourites shots list because having two score tables (along with ANTM) will just be too confusing.

I can't really pick out a favourite photo from the first episode as they are sooooo small, but if I was to chose favourite contestants I'd say Jonathan, Sandhurst and Jordan.
Jonathan because he's BRITISH! And he actually has the charisma and looks to be a good model
Sandhurst's walk was the best out of the boys, he also commands attention
Jordan is probably the best all round out of the girls currently.

I'll try my best to watch Episode 2 and 3 as soon as possible so I can get up to date with it.
Soooo many TV shows: ANTM, American Idol, Make Me A Supermodel and The Apprentice is coming back soon - how am I going to revise!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment