Saturday 21 March 2009

ANTM Cycle 12 Episode 4

Hi I'm slightly late on this but what the heck!
I know Nijah left but if I didn't, seeing that this is the first episode she has been talked about it would have been a bad omen anyway. I'm so sad that Nijah is going this week because I always thought she was going abroad and I love her personality.

Seeing Chantal and Bianca back was good and they really did walk better than any of the girls currently.

What they call runway etiquette to me just seems like common sense! You either walk straight into the other model or try to sleeky avoid hitting them - plain simple really!

Here's my commentary on the catwalk
Celia did well in general for an early catwalk, but she lost her initial attitude
Natalie was interesting but the twirl was stupid.
Tahlia looked caught in the headlights!
London was good actually
Kortnie is really going under the spotlight at the moment - I wish she jumped out a bit.
Nijah did Ok I thought - thought it was interesting Miss J didn't think so
Aminat/Sandra and Teyona did well
Allison did Ok but yeah she did show her nerves a bit, however a good improvement.
Fo was a bit stompy but I liked it.

I love how this year they are doing more group shots! And Yeah it's Mike Rosenthal - love his shoots!

Allison saying "thinking too much" doesn't bode well, I kind of remember a lot of girls saying that and then falling near the end.

I loved it when Tyra said "one by one" and the camera slowly zoomed i on her, so copycat but love it!
Yeah Sandra's skin is really bad! She needs some lotion!

Callouts
Sandra - From what the judges comments it was evident
Aminat - Yep expected
Tahlia - Yep expected to be near the top
Fo - though she'd be a bit higher tbh
Celia - Yep expected, she''ll never drop from the Top 5 callouts with the judges
Kortnie - Quite high, didn't expect this
London - Thought she'd be above Kortnie
Teyona - Expected
Natalie - Thought she'd be in bottom 2
Allison - Kind of expected this
Nijah - Knew it, from her edit and her comments it was obvious.

It's so weird how this week is basically a reversal of fortune, the previously highly ranked are at bottom whilst the previously lowly ranked became the top.

So MY deliberations
Allison and London
The shot overall looked quite commercial as a whole I thought, but when you focus on the individual aspects it all crumbles apart.
I was relly dissapointed with London as I keep a kind of scoring system and from my scores she was my top girl but this shot is weak. Her pose, which is normally what she excels in, was only ok whilst yet again her face is weak and needs some traning.
Allison at first looked Ok but then I totally agree with Paulina's "hungover Olsen twin" comment. He rhand is also badly placed but in a way it's not awful, just not great.

Aminat and Fo
They blasted away their competition, and who would have thought!
Aminat had a beautiful pose, even though she wasn't smack bang in the middle she managed to assert her position in the photograph, she did really well but for some reason I think she may have landed on it rather than being on purpose.
Fo did absolutely amazingly, she looked beautiful and also portrayed the theme well, though I'd say Aminat looked more like a stockbroker I think Fo's expression trumps Aminat's.

Celia and Sandra
This was an interesting shot but leaves me divided
I do agree this is the most editorial shot but the praise seems to be far too much. Sandra's pose is fab but her face doesn't convey anything to me, on the whole however I think Sandra's shot was good.
Celia had an interesting pose as well, however I don't like her stylist as the hair makes her look old. Though Sandra did definitely beat Celia on this one as Celia's face worked less well.

Kortnie and Nijah
I hate to say this but Kortnie looks worse than Nijah to me! What the hell was Kortnie doing, she looks ridiculous! I have lost faith in her!
Nijah looks like she isn't doing anything much, in a way I agree Nijah should leave but then I did want to see more of her.

Natalie, Teyona and Tahlia
This shot does portray to me a holiday add but I think the reason why these compositions are good is because Mark Rosenthal was the photographer.
Natalie looks fake from a whole shot perspective but actually if you zoom in she doesn't look as bad, but still fake I must say.
I really don't see why Tahlia was given such fantastic feedback, it's a better photo than her previous attempts but not enough to gain her universal praise! She really isn't doing anything much in my opinion but she is the most natural in the shot.
Teyona's face, oh my god what happened dear! Totally wrong, too high, too cocked up! The close up actually scares me a bti!

My order (it's difficult this time as so many did averagely)
Fo -Fab!
Aminat -Love it!
Sandra -A good shot I'd say
Celia -Normally a shot like this would have landed her in the mid to bottom half, but for this week she got 4th!
Tahlia -I still think her head could have been titled forward a bit, just a bit too far back at the moment. Good improvement though.
London -Dissapointed, but still good enough to get 6th!
Allison -She looks a bit lost and her hand is scary
Natalie -Fake
Teyona -AHHHHHHHH
Nijah -Bored
Kortnie -Ridiculous! Oh and I suddenly realised, was that thing beind her hand her hand! It looks so disturbing!

Favourites: Fo/Aminat/Nijah (OUT)/Allison/Teyona
Likes: Celia/London/Kortnie
hmm...: Sandra/Natalie/Tahlia

Currently I like so many girls that 4 are in my favs
Celia and Kortnie are in Likes, London dropped down simply because there are too many girls in my favourites section so I had to drop her down a notch.
I'm actually not disliking any of the girls. Tahlia is a bit iffy at the moment for me, whilst Sandra hasn't been in the spotlight for a while, Natalie may become the new mean queen but at the moment she's Ok.

and whilst I'm here sorry for all the late posts but getting really busy now as exams are getting closer and closer! American Idol may come in the next few days, if not I may just skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment